Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pineapple Rice Cream

Australia Women's Weekly Recipe Card Library
 Facebook to the rescue.

Some people frown on Facebook but boy 'o boy when you need it it's always there for you.

We have rather flexable Christmas traditions but one I've enjoyed over the years is a Pineapple Rice Cream that my wife made for us many years ago and it went over quite a hit.

The recipe she used was from the Australia Women's Weekly Recipe Card Library.


 So it was made every other year or so until the recipe was lost or misplaced.

 And so with Christmas coming up I became nostalgic for another taste of Pineapple Rice Cream.

Anyway couldn't find the recipe anywhere in the house, searched the interweb from the top down. Nothing but a few photos and glib references, but, nothing.

My wife, who knows little of how the interweb works, pipes up and says why don't I ask on Facebook.

Now why didn't I think of that.

Put up a description, ask the question and, ta-da, a friends mother in Victoria had them in the pantry. A quick photo and I'm back in business.

Pineapple Rice Cream for Dessert on Christmas Day.


Cheers and Merry Christmas

Stewart.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I also had these cards but they are long gone.
Thank you for posting this Im now making it for Easter!

Anonymous said...

I still have these cards, but missing a couple one of them was the apple cinnamon tea cake ,I would really love to be able to find the recipe card for this cake but have not had any success as yet, I would be very appreciative if someone has it if they could put the recipe on this page please ..many thanks .. 😊