Friday, December 4, 2015

The lowest growing broad bean.

I don't remember the name of the seeds I bought from DT Brown's seeds but it was a 'dwarf' growing broad bean.

 Perfect for exposed sites or small gardens, this is the lowest growing broad bean.

Which was the attraction.

There was about twenty seeds (maybe more, I don't recall) in the packet and I planted them all and most of them came up.

They were 'dwarf' compared to a 'normal' sized broad bean, growing to around 60 to 70 cm.

So then, from the 20 odd seeds I planted I now have well over 100 and the next step is to plant these to see if they maintain their 'dwarf' properties.

It cropped well so I'm hopeful of some good smaller broad bean bushes covered in tasty bean pods this coming winter/spring



http://dtbrown.com.au/index.html











No comments: